Data and Links:
- 65% of shopping carts are abandoned: see the Triggered Messaging Real-Time Marketing Reports (averaged over 6 months). Also: More cart abandonment stats from Baymard Institute
- 88% of shoppers never even reach the cart and so are not counted in cart abandonment figures. This includes shoppers who bounce immediately. This is from internal Triggered Messaging Ltd data. I can’t find anyone else publishing a figure for this.
- Sales funnel and Sales Uplift Figures: This is from internal Triggered Messaging Ltd data. and Real-Time Marketing Reports (averaged over 6 months).
- 90% of leads go cold within one hour – Forrester Consulting.
- Identification advice from Triggered Messaging: Why is Identifying Customers a Huge Problem in Today’s MultiChannel World?,
- Email design advice from Triggered Messaging: How to Design Browse Abandonment Emails, How to Design Shopping Cart Abandonment Emails.
- The quote, “If you only send cart abandonment emails, your system is ignoring 2/3 of customers who could be called back”, is because 39% of visitors look at one-or-more products and so can be targeted by browse abandonment recovery emails, but only 12% (about 1/3 of them) put a product in their cart and are visible to cart abandonment.
- Triggered Messaging customers can see detailed results for their Website in the “Conversions Report”.
- NB: Performance varies a lot from website to website.
Source: Triggered Messaging; Posted by: Pete Austin; Date: August 22, 2014